Saturday, December 31, 2011

Do we really need to take all this stuff?










Note the absence of any Apple products......


















For Kitty

7 comments:

jonc said...

I can see the reflection of the back yard in your netbook screen.. heh heh. That totally reminds me of my GT..

You need to take that much stuff and more.. Where's the camera / video camera / phone / gps?

Katherine Tye said...

Don't listen to him! He's just trying to weigh you down to the bottom of the ocean with all of the other too-heavily-laden tech geeks. Don't dwell there. Ideally, you should hope to make your way to the rocks on the shore, because that is where the sirens dwell (the sirens being the sexy hippie-ish travellers with long hair, both male and female. Japanese sirens are the best).

BTW love the matchie-matchie twinsies gear. I'm very interested in Keens. I wear Tevas, reluctantly, and kind of love/hate the idea of Keens... so many straps, such reinforced toe-liness! Do they make your feet feel hot, your toes enslaved? I'd love to know how they go with a pair of flat pedals.

Also: really? You didn't buy an iPad, based on the recommendation of a blog comment made by someone who doesn't even own one? YOU SURPRISE AND DISAPPOINT ME, MARK.

DudePa said...

You lose Jon, sirens win.

Picked the Keens for their protective toeness. Cooler, in both the cool/warm and cool/daggy sense, than joggers, hotter than thongs. Flat pedals?

BTW Sue's Keen's are kids size and were half the price of mine.

Dogtank said...

an admirable lack of apple-ness there!

Katherine Tye said...

Flat pedals = MKS touring pedals that I use = sorry, I mean I'd love to know what they're like to use to ride a bicycle for up to 5 hours a day without clipless pedals or toe clips or big BMX type pedals that have pins that rip your shins apart when you're a rookie bike handler like I am. Tevas are OK but not great, the soles just sort of have these pathetic "wavy lines" for a grip pattern..

Sirens always win. PS. downside - sometimes their singing lulls sailors into crashing their ships on rocks, but like, no biggie, right?

DudePa said...

I was 'flat pedals?' because for me they don't exist. Can't imagine riding without being clipped in.

And that guy on Rivendell is wrong saying that riders don't pull up on the pedals when they're clipped in. That article was a big troll :)

Anyway, the Keens might be ok for flats. The tread is not too deep and is at an angle so the pedals may sit nicely across the top. Picture added.

Katherine Tye said...

GRANT PETERSON IS NEVER WRONG. HE IS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING. I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THAT... except that I will, because you so kindly put a picture of the soles up, which is awesome of you, thanks Mark! I love this whole "blog commenting" thing. It's way interactive.

I don't wanna be clipped in. I just...cannot. I was thinking about toe clips though, 'cos they're kinda old fashioned-y and ugly and interesting.

Btw I said that thing to Jonny and he said, "huh?" because he never remembers anything, ever :( and I was like, "I am so disappointed in you," and he was kind of chagrined. He also forgot something else the other day, can't remember what it was but I was like HOW COULD YOU FORGET THE TIME THAT THING HAPPENED and he was all *shrug*...