Wednesday, March 14, 2012

..... And The Worlds Your Oyster

For those not familiar with this nasty little earworm, here’s your chance:


Second night in Bangkok and there was nothing much open around the motel so we caught the Sky Train into Patpong for dinner and a look around the night markets. On the recommendation of an ex-pat who ‘has been eating here for years, the food is great’ we rocked into a bar/restaurant. The food was ok but the clientele were dodgy as!  Pretty sure it was a gay bar, not that there’s anything wrong with that, but the ageing ex-pats affection toward their teenage Thai boys took things to another level. Yeah, I know Patpong is seedy…

The heat hasn’t has a mention so far, but it is hot. Got back to the motel about 9:30pm and checked the temperature on the net, 32C and 86%. That was about the maximum for the day but the humidity cranked up as the day went on. The young hipster set have taken to carrying hand towels to mop up the sweat. Maybe it’s not a new thing but I haven’t seen it on previous trips. Us farangs just let it drip.

2 comments:

Chris said...

The humidity is a killer over there... looks like fun so far!

Jonny said...

Enter Patpong at your peril... You should have known better.

Any that murray head song should never be listened to..

Never seen the sweat rags before. Sounds exactly what I need. I always sweat heaps in BKK. Sounds like you're having fun.
Hope you both enjoy Nepal.