Cranking through the turns at the bottom of Stonehenge in Neville Laurie Reserve yesterday, and I must admit not paying full attention, this jumped out at me. It was as hard to see in real life as it is in the photo. Note all the skids, not mine by the way. For those who know the trail it's just before the drop off into the creek right at the bottom.
Normally, other than to heap praise, I wouldn't comment on riding skills but I reckon anyone in full team kit on a moderately expensive bike is fair game. The trepidation and look of absolute terror on this guy's face was intense. And he was on the easiest of sections on Tunnel of Love. I had to have a little chuckle. Dude, you need to loosen up!
More on the Alfine hub
According to a fellow cycle commuter with Alfine experience, it takes 500km of run-in before the hubs get to their best. Mine has done about 150km now and does change more smoothly, or maybe I'm getting used to it. It'll be interesting to see how it's going after a few thousand kms of abuse.
That same commuter praised the uniqueness of Alf Green. Thank you fellow commuter.

No comments:
Post a Comment