The Flight Centre Epic has always been a great event, originally point to point from Toowoomba to Grandchester, and now out and back from Spicers Hidden Vale, Grandchester. Out and back once for the 50km Pursuit and twice for the full 87km Epic. Although the current format is much more difficult, I much prefer it for both the logistics and for the challenge.
Two years ago I rode the 50km Pursuit but this time decided on the full 87km as a fitness tester. Not much to say about the ride other than it was hot, dusty and I took it easy. Having said that; my 50km split time was a full hour faster than two years ago and I crossed the line feeling surprisingly good. The expression in the finish line photo doesn't seem to back this up though.
I'll be back next year.....
.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)
1 comment:
Looks like you had a ball :-)
Congratulations - good job!
Post a Comment