Gear that worked!
Lynskey Ridegline-29: this is the best bike I have owned. Responsive and compliant, wonderful to ride.
Shimano XT 2 x 10: this bullet-proof setup didn't miss a beat in the trying conditions.
Revelate Designs Mountain Feed Bag: carried a 710ml bottle and gels.
Revelate Designs Jerry Can: multi-tool, energy bars, gels, keys, extra co2 cylinder and power links. This along with the Feed Bag meant I didn't need to carry a hydration pack.
Very happy with this setup.





4 comments:
...best bike you have owned - so far!
Maybe I need a Moots YBB for comparison :)
Great work on bettering your split time! Jonny is working on his collection of Revelate bags as well. They seem very light for their strength, I think they'll wear really well, and although I don't love the look of general bike packing *stuff* I really dig the functionality of it all.
I am dead keen on the 650b Lynskey mtb, I will buy it for myself when I manage to complete at least 50kms of mountain biking in one session without giving up because it makes my shoulders hurt, and is scary. ALSO WHAT IF THERE ARE SNAKES???????
You should prob get the Moots for comparison and also a Litespeed and a Firefly. Just to make sure.
There are ALWAYS snakes Kitty :)
Post a Comment