Monday, September 24, 2012

Loaded

Well, partially loaded. Nothing in the front panniers, they're just for show.

Badly packed in the rear panniers is a sleeping bag and liner, MSR Zoid 2 tent, poles and pegs, a Thermarest and a Trangia stove and there's still some room. As you imagine the bike is quite a lot heavier, but other than a little extra effort riding out of the driveway the bike feels no different. I was even more surprised when I could still do a lap of the front yard without a dab. Even on a mountain bike that is not so easy.     




Well packed! 
 
That seat looks so out of place. There's a new one on its way.

Can't wait to get it touring is Tassie.

6 comments:

Dogtank said...

Looks great! Will it break an iPod if you run over one fully laden? :-)

DudePa said...

That's a challenge I can't refuse. First time the bike is fully loaded I'll give it a shot!

Will the iPod survive less weight but a smaller contact patch? More to follow......

Katherine Tye said...

Mark, Jonny told me that you emailed him talking about how you maaaaybe wanted a kickstand, even though you guys think they're like, soooo super lame, but and I thought I should point this out to you

http://www.click-stand.com/

hee! Funny, no? I laugh and yet, as someone who only carries rear panniers which screws up the balance of my bike which makes me CRAZY when I try to park that shit, I KINDA WANT ONE?????? Do you think I should surprise Jonny and just get one and bring it on our next tour? The look of horror would be so super amazing.

DudePa said...

That's hilarious, a bike stick. Now you know what to get Jon for Christmas :)

Dogtank said...

You could use that as a pole for a tarp-tent too. Hmmmmm........*thinks*.

Katherine Tye said...

Oh SUCH a good gift idea for the man who has every(bike)thing!